- Yesterday’s News Today: About Last Night: Winning Time in Anaheim
- The Checkers are absolutely insane. If you missed yesterday’s game, check out the recap here and watch this clip to see how they stormed back, including a beautiful apple by Martin Necas.
We were down by two with a minute left and we— Charlotte Checkers (@CheckersHockey) December 9, 2018
WON. THE. GAME. pic.twitter.com/aFy8mseyFQ
- Calvin de Haan has some holiday cheer planned next week.
Hey @nhlcanes fans! On December 15th I will be doing a signing and toy drive atlanticsbnc. All donations will be going towards toys for tots. Hope to see you there! @ Atlantic Spas &… https://t.co/YKTbuJ2g7D— Calvin de Haan (@cal_dehaan) December 8, 2018
- The Ducks extended GM Bob Murray’s contract for two more seasons. [NHL]
- Ottawa, already low on veteran players, is going to be short a couple more now that Matt Duchene and Bobby Ryan are on the IR. [NHL]
- The Maple Leafs waited it out ‘til the last minute with William Nylander. That won’t happen for Auston Matthews. [SportsNet]
- Cody Hodgson never got to live out his NHL dream due to a rare genetic disorder. Now, he’s found another purpose in life. [The Athletic $]
- Sixteen teams make the playoffs each season ... yet some owners want more teams in the playoffs? This madness won’t go away. [SportsNet]
- The Flyers scored six (6) unanswered goals to beat the Sabres, and this one’s setup was gorgeous.