- Some interesting tidbits about the Canes in Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thoughts. Check out number 19 and 20. [Sportsnet]
- The Hurricanes have recalled Patrick Brown from the Charlotte Checkers. [Hurricanes]
- A Valentine’s Day CanesCast can only mean one guest: Derek Ryan, the Love Doctor. [Hurricanes]
- Terrible pun, but neat hats?
Whale would you look at that!— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) February 13, 2018
A few new knits have made their way to The Eye! pic.twitter.com/DPODWKMVmr
- Ah, the Metro.
Point projections over the past fortnight. pic.twitter.com/8JWzY7I9ee— Micah Blake McCurdy (@IneffectiveMath) February 13, 2018
- Dion Phaneuf and Nate Thompson have been traded to the Los Angeles Kings for two players who did not need to call a cab to leave PNC last night, Marian Gaborik and Nick Shore. [SB Nation]
- It’s official: Seattle has applied for an NHL team. [ESPN]
- What if NHL players did go to the Olympics? The results would be interesting. [The Washington Post]
- Can NHL coaches learn anything from Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr’s methods? [The Athletic ($)]
- More diversity in officiating and coaching is the next step for the NHL. [USA Today]
- Alex Ovechkin sarcastically thanking Gary Bettman? Sign me up. [Russian Machine Never Breaks]