- Oh, let’s check in on the Charlotte Check—OH MY GOD. ALEX NEDELJKOVIC SCORED A GOAL.
That goal added to an already dominant performance by the Checkers, which means a lot to them:
Opposing goaltender goals -- It has been that kind of weekend for Hartford down in Charlotte.— PATRICK WILLIAMS (@pwilliamsNHL) March 11, 2018
The Checkers have built a 13-point lead on them for fourth place in the Atlantic.
Whatever extremely faint playoff hopes Hartford had going into this weekend are all but gone. #AHL
- We now know who the Hurricanes have asked to speak to regarding their general manager vacancy:
Hearing that Carolina had preliminary phone call with Mike Futa (LA) Friday; also believe Hurricanes have reached out to former Canucks AGM Laurence Gilman. Belief is Carolina has reached out to Nashville regarding Paul Fenton and Tampa regarding Julien Brisebois, obvious names..— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) March 10, 2018
Carolina has also asked the NJD for permission to speak with Tom Fitzgerald. https://t.co/KxIyvQW7Pm— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) March 10, 2018
- Tom Dundon was pretty frank about why he made the move to let go of Ron Francis as general manager. [News & Observer]
- Jim Rutherford was taken by surprise after hearing the news of Francis’ reassignment. [Pittsburgh Post Gazette]
- Elias Lindholm is starting to come into his own down the middle...finally. [Hurricanes]
- Six coaches on the hot seat including a familiar face. [USA Today]
- Will the NHL be a part of the 2022 Olympics? It’s possible but too early to tell. [Washington Post]
- The Edmonton Oilers may have had a rough season but Connor McDavid is doing that thing again:
Connor McDavid okey-dokes Ryan Suter, drives and scores on his own rebound pic.twitter.com/VnzHIY2Ayx— CJ Fogler (@cjzero) March 11, 2018
- Oliver Ekman-Larsson has been fined the maximum amount possible for slashing. [NHL]