- This is the best news you’ll see all day: Eddie Olczyk, whose brother Ricky is a Canes assistant GM, is cancer free after six months of treatment.
Eddie O is cancer free! Hear the full update from Edzo, himself: pic.twitter.com/toYZCEHi0f— NBC Sports Chicago (@NBCSChicago) March 23, 2018
- Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thoughts includes a good bit on the Canes GM search, including why his philosophy on what a GM should do differs from most other hockey teams but isn’t unfamiliar in the business world. [Sportsnet]
- Speaking as someone who was on the twelve-year plan to graduate (NC State class of 2012 in the house), it’s cool to see that a good number NHLers who leave school continue their coursework even in the midst of a fairly demanding career. [Washington Post]
- First-year #1 goalies, by and large, are surprised by how taxing it is to be The Man. (Hmmm, you don’t say?) [Associated Press]
- Free agent-to-be Mike Green is done for the season and will have cervical spine surgery in early April. [Detroit Free Press]
- Hockey players and their weird superstitions, Mattias Ekholm edition. [Predators]