- The Canes youth movement was too little, too late, according to Cory Lavalette of The North State Journal. [North State Journal]
- The Bruins are in the news, as Zdeno Chara has signed a one-year extension. [NHL]
- If you like some pure tongue-in-cheek comedy, check this out with our SB Nation brethren over at Stanley Cup of Chowder. [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- Much to the consternation of their fans, the Red Wings may keep Ken Holland around beyond this season. [Winging It in Motown]
- This just shows how incredibly weird the New York Islanders were this season:
Five NHL teams since 1995 have had two centers that averaged more than a point per game.— e - James Duffy (@TwoTurtleDuffs) March 27, 2018
Two of those teams, the 1995-96 Avs and 2008-09 Penguins, won the Stanley Cup. Two others made the playoffs.
The fifth, the 2018 Islanders, are about to be eliminated from the playoff race.