- Update: The Canes announced this morning that injured defenseman Brett Pesce will take part in a sled hockey practice this evening at PNC Arena. If you have a chance to go, it’s worth the trip, as the Sled Canes are getting ready for the USA Hockey Disabled Hockey Festival next week in Chicago and watching them play is always a great time.
- Meet Calvin Stone, one of PNC Arena’s designated emergency goaltenders, who could suit up on a game night for the Canes - or for their opponents. (Yes, this is a new twist, and we’ll cover it in more detail over the summer.) [WRALSportsFan (audio)]
- Bill Peters, perhaps unsurprisingly, will be headed to the World Championships after the season:
Discussions on team and additional staff are ongoing, but Bill Peters is believed to be Team Canada's head coach for World Championship.— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) April 4, 2018
- If your continued existence depended upon Noah Hanifin not laughing in a staring contest...I’ve got bad news for you.
- Once upon a time, Alex Ovechkin signed a contract so long that it evoked comparisons to Rick DiPietro. Those comparisons aren’t being made anymore. [The Sports Capitol]
- The ten types of games you’ll see in the final week of the season. The Hurricanes aren’t involved in many of them. [Sportsnet]
- You be the war room: good goal or goalie interference?