- The consensus around the World Championships was that Martin Necas is ready to play in the NHL next season, an opinion shared by one of his future teammates. [NHL.com]
- Jaccob Slavin joined the folks at Kioti Tractor to present a donation to Urban Ministries of Wake County from the Assist For Hunger drive:
- The Canes are looking for suggestions for next season’s goal song. [Hurricanes]
- Get your spell checker out again: Finnish goaltender Veini Vehvilainen may be NHL-bound, and if he is the Canes are interested:
Jos Veini Vehviläistä ei varata juhannuksena, hän voi hyvinkin saada NHL-sopimuksen sen jälkeen. Jos kuulemani huhut pitävät paikkansa, ainakin Carolina on kovasti kiinnostunut saamaan hänet organisaatioonsa. #NHLfi #kärpät #liiga— Miika Arponen (@MiikaArponen) May 21, 2018
- Mark your calendars for the Canes 5K, to be held Sunday, September 9, and the Kids ‘n Community Foundation golf tournament at Prestonwood the next day. [Hurricanes]
- Following his exit from the Maple Leafs, Lou Lamoriello is joining the Islanders to head up their hockey operations. [The Athletic ($)]
- What kind of contract will your favorite free agent-to-be sign?