- The Capitals finally did it, and it prompted Alex Ovechkin to drop an F-bomb on national television. [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
- The Charlotte Checkers evened up their series with a bounce-back performance. [Checkers]
- The AHL Board of Governors approved a realignment setup for next season. [AHL]
- Former Canes assistant coach Dave Lewis was fired from his post coaching Belarus at the World Championships — in the middle of the tournament.
- Brad Marchand vs. the Montreal Canadiens:
Sans nommer personne, on rappelle qu'il est déconseillé de licher sur un terrain de golf également.— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) May 7, 2018
Without naming names, just a reminder that licking is frowned upon on the golf course as well.https://t.co/UOYGLsr013
Funny...throwing shade when you were out of the playoff race since October— Brad Marchand (@Bmarch63) May 7, 2018
- An interesting and emotional story about Matt Murray and the support he received from the Penguins. [ESPN]
- Steve Lyttle of the Charlotte Observer highlights what is going right with the Checkers as they continue their postseason run. [Charlotte Observer]
- In the Checkers series with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, the Phantoms will be without Nicolas Aube-Kubel after a third suspension.