- Rod Brind’Amour was back in his home province this weekend:
Over the weekend, Head Coach Rod Brind'Amour was in British Columbia for the 23rd year of his golf event benefiting Cystic Fibrosis Canada.— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) June 18, 2018
Left to right: Wilson Hoyle of Captrust, Rod Brind'Amour, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Brian Tatum pic.twitter.com/JfLUcCE8eW
- Bob McKenzie reported that many teams have Filip Zadina falling out of their top five on draft day.
Bob McKenzie: "Multiple scouts have Zadina falling out their top 5 now, I don't think it's cause he has done anything wrong with his game, but I think it's cause the centremen (Kotkaniemi, Hayton) and d-men (Boqvist, Hughes, Bouchard, Dobson) have really stepped up".— NHL Prospects Watcher (@Prospects_Watch) June 17, 2018
- Kevin Hayes is apparently drawing a good deal of trade interest. The 26-year-old center scored a career high 25 goals last season. [The Score]
- Alex Galchenyuk is eager for a bigger role in Arizona, and John Chayka appears to be prepared to play him at center.
"This is a fresh start. I’ve received so many texts from guys around the League saying it’s really a great place to play.” -- @AGally94: https://t.co/Sll0j6yEKg— Arizona Coyotes (@ArizonaCoyotes) June 16, 2018
"That's what I want. I'm excited about it." - Alex Galchenyuk on playing centre in Arizona.— Аrpon Basu (@ArponBasu) June 16, 2018
Alex Galchenyuk on Coyotes GM John Chayka acknowledging his abilities & potential at center: "The second I went on social media & read the comments about me playing center, that’s what I want and I’m excited about it. I’m preparing already for it & I can’t wait to get started."— Craig Morgan (@craigsmorgan) June 16, 2018
- Just what we needed...more Ovechkin content. The captain took the cup around the DC area, sharing it with first responders and sick children. [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
- Noah Hanifin seems to be garnering serious interest throughout the league.
As has widely been reported, #NHLBruins and #Canucks have expressed serious interest in #Canes D #NoahHanifin. Apologies if already reported, but you can add #Avs and #Sabres to that list. #NHLOffSeason #NHLDraft— Jimmy Murphy (@MurphysLaw74) June 15, 2018
- John Tavares may be the most desirable free agent in NHL history. [NHL]
- The draft is just 4 days away and the Hurricanes have teamed up with Uber to bring fans $20 dollars off a ride to or from the party on Friday night. Get it while supplies last!
We want fans to get to the #CanesDraft Party safely and easily, so we've teamed up with @Uber to give you $20 off a ride next Friday, while supplies last.— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) June 17, 2018
>> https://t.co/TO3wHrjbuc pic.twitter.com/aKKNhvDvm5