Hello from lovely Dallas, where it’s going to be 100 degrees today and Justin and I are going to do our best not to melt. Are you ready to welcome Andrei Svechnikov to the Carolina Hurricanes? That should happen around 7:45 tonight - and then the intrigue really begins.
- Tom Dundon joined David Glenn yesterday and, among other things, poured cold water on the idea that the Hurricanes absolutely must make changes to the roster. [DG Show (audio)]
- Cat Silverman on how Canes goaltenders were impacted by Bill Peters’ coaching style (starts 36:00 in). [PDOCast (audio)]
- One of the traditions of the draft is for each team to congratulate the Stanley Cup champions before making their first round pick. Those could be...creative this year. [Japers’ Rink]
- Scouts weigh in on sleepers, busts and who is most NHL-ready from the draft class. [The Athletic ($)]
- The NHL’s salary cap next year will be $79.5 million, or double what it was when it was first implemented ten years ago. [Sportsnet]
- Barry Trotz is headed to Long Island, as Lou Lamoriello gets his man to lead the Islanders. [Associated Press]