- Happy prospect camp day! Camp gets underway this afternoon at 5:30 with the first on-ice session, which is open to the public.
- This just dropped this morning, but you need to read it: Scott Burnside got an inside look at the Hurricanes’ war room and draft process. [The Athletic ($)]
- Congratulations to the Hockey Hall of Fame class of 2018: Willie O’Ree, Gary Bettman, Martin St. Louis, Martin Brodeur, Jayna Hefford and Alexander Lukashev. [HHoF]
- The Carolina Hurricanes made one big trade splash at the NHL Draft. However, one big name is still out there. Travis Yost asks, “Just how good is Justin Faulk?” [TSN]
- Did you know that Ron Francis is on the Hockey Hall of Fame Selection Committee? Here are some other fun facts about the HHOF selection process. [Athletic$]
- In case anyone missed it, the newest Canes have some new numbers.
Some @NHLCanes number updates:@FoegDaddy96 - 13@ASvechnikov14 - 37@Martyman17 - 48@ferdaddy27 - 79— Mike Sundheim (@MikeSundheim) June 26, 2018
- Speaking of the Hockey Hall of Fame....
You can cringe all you want - and I’m cringing - but Gary Bettman belongs in the Hockey Hall of Fame. What he’s done for the business of the game is gigantic.— steve simmons (@simmonssteve) June 26, 2018
I question the @HockeyHallFame and the sport itself for the decision to celebrate Gary Bettman. I would like for the @HockeyHallFame to return all personal items donated from my hockey career. This is not something I want to be a part of. #nhl #nhlpa @CarBombBoom13 @NHL #ohl— NICK BOYNTON (@NICKBOYNTON24) June 26, 2018
- Shocker, Edmonton is in denial over another trade. This time is over the Calgary Flames most recent move. [Edmonton Journal]
I want to thank @NHLCanes for the past 5 seasons. Thanks to the Staff, the fans, my teammates and the whole organization. You guys have been awesome. Can't thank you guys enough.— Elias Lindholm (@lindholmelias) June 26, 2018
With that being said I'm very excited for this new chapter with @NHLFlames
- Couple links on the Carolina Hurricanes side of the trade, first from WRAL. [WRALSportsFan]
- Greg Wyshynski also joined Adam Gold to discuss the Canes draft and their trade with Calgary. [WRALSportsFan]
- The Hurricanes aren’t going to stand in the way of true love. Bill Peters talks lineup options...and Derek Ryan is one of them. [Sportsnet]