- Could Cam Ward have a new home soon?
As I reported in last night's @MadhousePod, the Blackhawks are interested in former Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward. I'm told this morning, from a separate source, that an agreement may already be in the works/close. Ward, 34, had a 2.74 GAA and .906 save percentage in 43 games w/ CAR— Jay Zawaski (@JayZawaski670) June 27, 2018
- Tyler Dellow says that the Flames are taking a risk. “In order for this trade to work well for them, they probably need to have one of those players be something that they haven’t yet proven that they are.” Minor problem: they haven’t proven it under the very coach they were just traded to. [The Athletic ($)]
- Speaking of Dougie Hamilton, maybe this is what he was doing rather than kicking back some cold ones with the boys?
To anyone that wants a true understanding of what Dougie Hamilton (and his brother Freddie) are all about, this post sums up. pic.twitter.com/O0hDzP1ILe— Blake Heynen (@BlakeHeynen) June 27, 2018
- Doctors still don’t know what happened to former Hurricane Patrick Eaves, except that it wasn’t Guillain-Barré syndrome, but fortunately whatever it was has been fixed to the point that he’s expecting to start next season on time. [The Athletic ($)]
- Disney is buying Fox but will have to divest itself of Fox’s regional sports networks, so Fox Sports Carolina will be no more but there’s no telling what will replace it. [Awful Announcing]
- The Penguins were busy yesterday, first trading Conor Sheary and Matt Hunwick to the Sabres to clear cap space... [WGR]
- ...which is apparently going to be used to sign Jack Johnson to a five-year deal on Sunday. [Post-Gazette]
- This year’s trend is apparently signing unqualified RFAs-turned-UFAs to new contracts before July 1: first Phil Di Giuseppe, now Devante Smith-Pelly. [Japers’ Rink]