- Former Hurricane James Wisniewski was involved in a serious car accident in Columbus this past weekend, requiring a hospital visit to treat broken ribs. [Columbus Dispatch]
- It might be June, but the CanesCast knows nothing of a summer vacation.
#CanesCast Episode 45: Just Enjoy It— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) June 4, 2018
What's ahead in June for the #Canes? Plenty, including the #NHLDraft, third jersey reveal, Summerfest, Prospects Development Camp and more. @MikeManiscalco and @MSmithCanes set the table for it all.
: https://t.co/fGmGQ0MGOt pic.twitter.com/XFK09WT21W
- The NHL Draft Combine is taking on new importance in a world where scouting has been turned upside down by data. [The Athletic ($)]
- This pregame sign at Capital One Arena is spot on:
- T.J. Oshie was seen taking the Metro to the arena again last night. This time, the winger was 35 cents short of his exit fare. Luckily, the Metro staff let him through. [The Washington Post]
- Vegas is on the ropes in this series down 3-1. But the series isn’t over yet, especially given the Caps’ history with 3-1 leads in the playoffs.
The Washington Capitals have blown more 3–1 leads than any other team in the history of major North American pro sports (five). I'm not saying it happens again, I'm just saying it's not over yet. https://t.co/ahWFqTJy6b— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) June 5, 2018
- Evgeni Kuznetsov hit the 30 point mark in the 2018 Playoffs last night in game four. He’s made a strong case for the Conn Smythe Trophy.
That's 30 playoff points for Kuznetsov. Conn Smythe.— Isabelle Khurshudyan (@ikhurshudyan) June 5, 2018
- Kuznetsov’s 30-point performance is just the fifth of this century:
Kuznetsov fifth player this century with 30 points in one playoff...Malkin 36 (08-09), Crosby 31 (08-09), Briere 30 (09-10), Couture 30 (15-16).— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) June 5, 2018