- After family tragedy struck, the Hurricanes went above and beyond for their biggest fan.
"Their main thing was hockey... that's what they bonded over. Kason was kind of like his little shadow. Whatever Kenny did, he wanted to do."— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) June 6, 2018
After a family tragedy, young #Canes fan Kason Morris received a special gift from his favorite team. pic.twitter.com/VXwpvmFJV9
- Capitals forward Devante Smith-Pelly appears to have his mind made up about whether or not he would visit the White House if his team lifted the cup (Couple this statement with an abysmal history up 3-1 in a series and it feels like a jinx to me).
Interesting quote here from Devante Smith-Pelly re: visiting the White House:— Michael Traikos (@Michael_Traikos) June 6, 2018
“The things that he spews are straight-up racist and sexist. Some of the things he’s said are pretty gross … It hasn’t come up here, but I think I already have my mind made up.”
- Pierre LeBrun reports that the Hurricanes are interested in Capitals backup and soon to be RFA Philipp Grubauer. He also mentions that Jeff Skinner’s pricetag is something like a first round pick and a prospect. [The Athletic ($)]
- ABC11 interviewed General Manager Don Waddell as well as Andrei Svechnikov yesterday during the top prospect’s visit to Raleigh.
.@BridgetABC11 and I caught up with Canes General Manager Don Waddell and the Canes likely Number 2 pick of the NHL Draft Andrei Svechnikov. #CarolinaHurricanes #ABC11 pic.twitter.com/RxzCzafofx— ABC11Charlie Mickens (@GameDayCharlie) June 7, 2018
- Longtime Raleigh area hockey referee Kevin Universal, is being honored by USA hockey as Adult Member of the Year. [NSJ]
- Raleigh native and prospect in the 2018 NHL Draft, Tyler Weiss is one to root for. [The Athletic ($)] (And we profiled him here last December!)
- The Hurricanes and likely second overall pick Andrei Svechnikov are getting to know each other as the draft quickly approaches. [N&O]
- Svechnikov thinks that he can bring some much needed physicality to the Hurricanes top six. [WRAL Sports Fan]