- Yesterday was the Canes’ turn in the offseason evaluation spotlight at NHL.com. [NHL.com]
- One of those offseason additions, Calvin de Haan, joined Adam and Joe yesterday and discussed why he was surprised the Hurricanes had an interest in signing him. [WRALSportsFan]
- “Goaltending will once again make or break the Hurricanes’ season.” Same as it ever was.[ProHockeyTalk]
- Tweetmail: Do the Canes have a new goal song yet? [Hurricanes]
- John Tavares presented a heartfelt letter to the Islanders. [The Players Tribune]
- And after plucking him off of the Islanders’ roster, the Leafs apparently don’t have a cap problem. [The Hockey News]
- On today’s terrible trade tracker: 17 years ago today the Penguins traded Jaromir Jagr to the Capitals for three average prospects. [Post Gazette]
- And speaking of Jagr, the 46-year-old actually had the best +/- on Calgary last season.
Fun fact of the day: Jaromir Jagr had the highest +/- on the Flames this year at +6. He only played 22 games with them. Just think about that for a second. #CofRed— The Hockey 411 (@TheHockey411) July 10, 2018
- People are pretty high on the 1st overall pick.
Devils forward prospect Fabian Zetterlund on Rasmus Dahlin. Zetterlund teamed with Dahlin at the '18 WJC: "He's sick. He's going to be the best player in the world. I can say that right now."— Mike Morreale (@mikemorrealeNHL) July 11, 2018
- New Jersey Devils GM Ray Shero divulged that he went 0-for-2 on the free agent market this summer. [TSN]
- Just bringing you the daily Russian left winger content.
In case you needed some more #WorkoutWednesday motivation, Ilya Kovalchuk has you covered. pic.twitter.com/uahQD8DrDT— NHL (@NHL) July 11, 2018