- Craig Custance’s straw poll of NHL GM’s indicates that the offer sheet drought will continue. [The Athletic ($)]
- Calgary is excited to fill their void at center next season. [Flames From 80 Feet Above]
- The Women’s Olympic Gold Medal game has won the ESPY for best game.
- The NHL’s new rules regarding goaltending chest protectors may be an issue next season.
Ken Appleby is wearing the new NHL spec chest protectors that will be enforced next season. There is significantly less padding around the neckline and shoulders, which is a bit concerning. pic.twitter.com/W779Ci6tar— Gregory Balloch (@GregBalloch) July 18, 2018
- Jacob Trouba and the Jets aren’t exactly on the same page before their arbitration hearing tomorrow:
Arbitration filings for Jacob Trouba: Jets are at $4M, player at $7M. Hearing is 48 hours away. SJ and Chris Tierney settle on two-year deal with $2.9375 AAV.— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) July 18, 2018
- Alex Ovechkin won the ESPY award for best male athlete, making him the first NHL player to ever do so.
- Petr Mrazek Instagrammed some new Hurricanes swag this morning: