Hey, you. You got to get up and go to work. Sorry, the Fourth of July celebration is over.
A quick morning note: Brett and I recorded the next episode of the Canes Country Podcast...right before the Calvin de Haan signing. We’ll evaluate and hope to get you guys an episode within the next day or two.
- Old school, gritty players received lots of dough in free agency. [NBC Sports]
- Gino Reda takes a look at the roller coaster year of the Ottawa Senators and Erik Karlsson. [TSN]
- If the Senators trade Erik Karlsson for a package centered around Julius Honka, I will never stop laughing:
Dallas, Tampa and Vegas are the teams to watch in Karlsson pursuit. Tampa pushing after losing out on Tavares.— Chris Stevenson (@CJ_Stevenson) July 4, 2018
- Kyle Dubas says the Leafs’ young core will not break up even after signing John Tavares. [Sportsnet]
- Jermaine Loewen has an incredible story. [CBC]
- The Canadiens need some help with their development system. [Eyes On The Prize]
- Patrick Maroon and Kari Lehtonen highlight the names still left on the free agency board. Here’s a look at a full list. [CBS Sports]
- Here’s how big names will fit on their new teams. [Sportsnet]
- So, Rasmus Dahlin is cool and all but Jack Hughes is going to be a superstar: