- The Hurricanes showed an inside look at their draft process:
- Well, that will make ticket servers go down. The Hurricanes have sold out the Caniac Carnival. Anyone going?
- Sounds like the Hurricanes are moving closer to relocating their practice facility to the new Wake Competition Center now being built in Morrisvlle. [N&O]
- WE HAVE NEWS! Ryan Ellis signed a 8 year/$50 million contract extension to stay in Nashville. [CBS Sports]
- Poor Andrej Sekera just can’t catch a break.
#Oilers d-man Andrej Sekera underwent successful surgery today to repair a torn Achilles tendon. Sekera was injured during an off-season training session & will be sidelined indefinitely. pic.twitter.com/Wum0OS6ZFb— Edmonton Oilers (@EdmontonOilers) August 14, 2018
- A goalie was just seconds away from taking his own life. Here’s a look at how he’s bounced back and got the help he needs and how other leagues can look after their player’s mental health. [The Players Tribune]
- ESPN started a “Mount Puckmore” series. Up first, the Atlantic Division. [ESPN]
- There are clear cut winners and losers in NBC’s newest NHL schedule release. [ESPN]
- Seattle may have a hard time choosing the name of their team. I vote Supersonics so that my Thunder can rid themselves of their former namesake. [Seattle Times]
- There looks like there are no fun college free agent signings happening this year. [Pensburgh]
- The Hurricanes have a player who was snubbed in the NHL’s rankings of top defensemen. Whoever could it be? (It’s revealed about halfway through this thread.)
1. Thread: The one defenseman who I believe was MOST ignored in the #NHL Top 20 Defensemen rankings. He wasn't even in the next 5 "bubble players". Let me first explain this grid, there's a lot to unpack.— Bill Comeau (@billius27) August 13, 2018
Viz can be found in "Miner" tab here:
SKATR: https://t.co/OTcAQmb1o7 pic.twitter.com/oHveVqWI0z
- Finally, thanks to all who voted in our goal song ranker. We had more than 800 people cast votes, and a total exceeding 3,800 votes. Below are the results of the ranker!