- Alex Ovechkin stays winning, both on and off the ice, after the birth of his first child. (Russian Machine Never Breaks)
- Brock McGinn and his brothers hosted a street hockey tournament for charity in their hometown of Fergus, Ontario. (WRALSportsFan)
- Brooks Laich had a whale of a time in Tonga.
BREACH!!! — One of the most incredible moments of my life! While tracking a mother humpback whale in Tonga, her baby rushed right passed me and fully breached just a few meters away! What an amazing spectacle to witness! — @garrettgee @jessgee @scott.portelli and I had spent a good portion of the morning with this mother and calf, and the calf had become quite fond of swimming around us. It was very curious, and also very friendly. The mother also seemed very at ease with letting her youngster swim around with us, and she often even just hovered in the water 20 feet below the surface, very relaxed but keeping a watchful eye on her baby. — This was such a cool experience, just to see these massive but graceful whales up close in the wild is incredible itself. But to be close enough to nteract with them, to make eye contact with them, and swim alongside them - what a life changing moment! — Thank you @thebucketlistfamily for making this all happen, and thank you @scott.portelli for guiding us around! This moment will stick with me the rest of my life and has touched my soul! These whales are absolutely incredible, and deserve to be protected for future generations to appreciate and enjoy! — Shot this on my @gopro Hero 6 - thank you guys for hooking us up with gear for this epic adventure! — @natgeo are you holding open tryouts for videographers/photographers? If so, count me in! ♂️
- August 18 was New Jersey Devils day in the NHL’s 31 in 31 series. (NHL.com)
- Hockey is getting closer and closer.
⚠️ We'll be playing in a preseason game one month from today ⚠️ pic.twitter.com/I3NIoFiJ27— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) August 18, 2018
- 2018-19 Hurricanes single game tickets go on sale this week.