Thanks to the Jeff Skinner trade the hockey world is still buzzing. That means we actually have things to present to you without having to take a ride on the #content struggle bus. Enjoy it while you can; by the middle of next week we will be right back on the road to Nocontentville, with stops in Weneed Stories and Nothing Newhere.
- Get Jeff Skinner’s take on the trade as he speaks to the media for the first time. [Sabres (audio)]
- Skinner then talks about his feelings regarding leaving Raleigh and the Hurricanes. [ABC 11]
- Tom Dundon on the trade: “It had to be done.” [News & Observer]
- Dundon also visited Adam and Joe to speak about his side of the Skinner deal. [WRAL Sports (audio)]
- Within that interview Dundon mentions this, which means a certain defenseman may be staying put:
Dundon says it’s “highly unlikely” any more deals will be made, so it looks like the roster you’ve got now is going to be the roster you see on opening night.— Joe Ovies (@joeovies) August 3, 2018
- The Web’s Michael Smith breaks down the Skinner trade here. [Hurricanes]
- And as a friendly reminder in case you needed any more salt poured into the wound:
Did you know?— Buffalo Sabres Stats (@SabresStats) August 3, 2018
Over the last 3 seasons, Jeff Skinner is tied with Connor McDavid for 7th in the NHL with 74 even strength goals.
- In other non-Skinner news, take a look at how Cap Friendly is now a indispensable resource for NHL fans. [The Athletic $]
- Eddie Olczyk, who has been cancer free since March, is getting back to a normal life. [NHL]
- Lastly, Hurricanes prospect Jack Drury scored the game winning goal for Team USA at the World Junior Summer Showcase: