You want the good news or the sad news first?
OK, you asked for it. Here’s the sad news:
Thank you Carolina Hurricanes! I will cherish the many memories and friendships I have formed over the past 8 years. I am grateful to have met many great people throughout the organization from management, to team staff and all of my teammates. I have been very fortunate. Lastly, thank you to the Hurricanes fans for welcoming me into the Triangle and your incredible support.
~ INTERMISSION FOR SOBBING ~
We’re all in this together, fam.
And now, onto your
- In case you missed it, NHL.com did a dive into the Hurricanes’ upcoming season as part of its 31 in 31 series. Here are the four parts:
- Also, Michael Smith hooks us up with the latest Hurricanes Tweetmail session [NHL]
- Seabass went to a charity golf event over the weekend...
- ...but also had a little fun scoring and dabbing on the ice.
...and in case you were wondering what his golf swing looks like:
- A couple of translations from Katariina, from an article at Ilta-Sanomat about the golf event: “I don’t have any comments on contract negotiations, I only train hard”, says Sebastian. About golf: “This is nice and not too serious even though it gets into my nerves from time to time” And “This (golf) is a sport that keeps me humble”
Other notes from around the hockey world: