- Offer Sheets have become about as rare as Unicorn sightings, and Greg Wyshynski of ESPN has an interesting proposal to improve it. [ESPN]
- On the newest Canes Corner podcast, Adam Gold and John Forslund discuss the culture change underway with the Canes. [WRALSportsFan]
- The Canes and Lenovo joined forces with the Autism Society of North Carolina to discuss Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) careers on Tuesday.
- Jason Shaya continues the Checkers’ series of offseason check-ins in a conversation with Alex Nedeljkovic:
In part 1 of their conversation, Voice of the Checkers @Jason_Shaya chats with goalie @alexned_ about summer training, Ned's historic goal last season, Lebron James and more! pic.twitter.com/toGOClmdJq— Charlotte Checkers (@CheckersHockey) August 8, 2018
- Thirty years ago today, Wayne Gretzky was traded to the Kings in the defining moment of the post-expansion NHL. [NHL.com]
- Alexei Kovalev thinks that the “get pucks deep” mentality is sucking all the creativity out of hockey. [Yahoo Sports]
- If you haven’t yet voted on our Hurricanes goal song ranker, we’ll be embedding it in Storm Advisory for the next few days, so make your voice heard!