- The Canes held Day 3 of training camp on Sunday, and it was a classic case of the good, the bad and the ugly. [NHL]
- Good: Dougie Hamilton impressed, especially in anything dealing with the number 3. He went 3-for-3 in shootouts and had a slick assist in 3-on-3 work on a goal by Martin Necas.
- Bad: Michael Ferland — overall another high point in training camp so far — took a face-first spill on the boards. Sounds like he’ll be OK, but with Victor Rask already out indefinitely, it would help to keep our forwards safe.
- How’s that looking by the way?
Brind’Amour says Rask could be out months. Serious injury involved Rask cutting tendons and fingers, he said.— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip) September 16, 2018
- Ugly: Whatever song the Canes chose to use for the Day 3 video.
Rise and shine— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) September 16, 2018
Grit and Grind pic.twitter.com/eCI5CJhfnF
- And by the end of the day, three skaters had been sent back to juniors.
- In Hurricane Florence-related news:
Asking RALEIGH,NC HOCKEY COMMUNITY to help @CapeFearHockey. Florence has taken Ft. Bragg rink offline. Many players are children of active military members. Consider inviting their teams to practice with yours. We have the Midget AA, need help for 2 Squirt teams. #payitforward— Aaron Ward (@NHL_AaronWard) September 17, 2018
- The Jets re-upped on Josh Morrissey’s contract to the tune of two years, $6.3M as they look to improve on a remarkable run in the West last year. [NHL]
- Anton Khudobin is going for mask of the year, depending on your stance on Harry Potter:
When you share a nickname with a famous Harry Potter character, you put it on your mask.@DallasStars tendy Anton Khudobin has an image of the lovable house elf "Dobby" on his new cage, created by @Sylabrush.— NHL (@NHL) September 16, 2018
More: https://t.co/kUTBoqOPuX pic.twitter.com/lGPXpoiWNm