It feels great to be back! The Carolina Hurricanes are in action tonight as they start the preseason with a game against a former division rival. The matchup is the front half of a home-and-home with Tampa; they’ll be meeting again in PNC Arena tomorrow night.
There’s no telling what permutation of these guys we’ll see in action tonight, but here’s an interesting tidbit about preseason dressing rules from the CBA:
15.4 Exhibition Games.
(c) A Club shall be permitted to dress a minimum of eight (8) veterans for any Exhibition Game. For purposes of this Section 15.4(c), a veteran shall constitute either:
(1) a forward or defenseman who played in thirty (30) NHL Games during the previous season,
(2) a goaltender who either dressed in fifty (50) or more NHL Games or played in thirty (30) or more NHL Games in the previous season,
(3) a first round draft choice from the most recent year’s Entry Draft, or
(4) any Player who has played one-hundred (100) or more career NHL Games.
This means that keeping up with the game will probably be worth it. And here’s the group that Rod Brind’Amour took to the Sunshine State:
|44||Calvin de Haan||D|
Tonight will likely be the first time that we see Andrei Svechnikov with some semblance of the NHL club, and I’d guess we’ll get to see at least a bit of Petr Mrazek in net. One storyline to keep an eye on in the coming games is the hole that Victor Rask’s long term hand injury opens up down the middle of the lineup. You can bet that this game means a lot for Charlotte Checkers centers Lucas Wallmark and Patrick Brown, who have both gotten their cup of coffee in Raleigh over the past two seasons.
- With preseason hockey spinning up, its a perfect time to take advantage of Hurricanes ticket deal. [Hurricanes]
- Here’s a behind the scenes look at this seasons Hurricanes media shoots. For what its worth, Andrei Svechnikov and Martin Necas were heavily featured.
Get an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at our media shoots pic.twitter.com/2N9V6sGI2j— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) September 17, 2018
- Justin Williams and former teammate T.J. Oshie were upset that they didn’t get golf lessons with Lefty. [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
- Good for Sasha!
- Darnell Nurse has signed his deal with the Oilers.
- This is pretty sweet.