Ten goals in two games calls for a little replay action.
- “C” what the Captain can do for you:
- And while you’re at it, teach me how to Dougie (man, that’s outdated):
- The Canes were also active outside the arena before the game, helping take in Florence relief donations and meeting with people from the community.
The squad helped collect Hurricane Florence relief donations before tonight's game pic.twitter.com/NDbUuvHHyC— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) September 19, 2018
- Don't forget: here’s how you can help. [CC]
- On a related note, we want to give a big thank you to the Lightning organization for their help in raising money for relief efforts during the first preseason game.
- Taking a look ahead this season, if you don’t actually plan to remove your shirt after goals and twirl it around your head, simulating a helicopter’s propeller, there’s a gift for you on Opening Night:
- Luke DeCock had some thoughts on the early expectations for Martin Necas and how he’s handling them through camp and two preseason games. [N&O]
- Need to catch up on last night’s action from around the league? [NHL]
- Apparently, Max “Tie Jr.” Domi couldn’t resist sucker-punching someone before the season even started:
Max Domi with the sucker punch on Ekblad pic.twitter.com/irKuY418Nf— The Hockey Hangout (@HockeyHangout) September 20, 2018
- And he may do some time for it, pending a hearing. [NHL]
- The Seattle Times is holding a tournament of names for the hopeful Seattle NHL franchise, and the Fightin’ Geoducks (pronounced “goo-ee-ducks”) is on the slate, so get to voting! [Seattle Times]
- The Lightning placed Jake Dotchin on waivers to terminate his contract after he showed up a mere “30 to 35 pounds above his playing weight.” [TSN]