- Training camp at PNC Arena is a week away, and the Hurricanes announced the schedule yesterday.
Training Camp begins next week!https://t.co/T3XGI7ce5N— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) September 5, 2018
- North Carolina FC teamed up with the Hurricanes, who will be there in support of the team’s first professional doubleheader (and the merch looks pretty nice). [NCFC]
We’ll be at the historic doubleheader with @NorthCarolinaFC & @TheNCCourage on 9/8!— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) September 5, 2018
⚽️ Meet the Storm Squad
⚽️ Buy this shirt
⚽️ 20% off tix for our STMs
Details | https://t.co/U4j8UrFlHT pic.twitter.com/Nzwa5QNiOj
- And the team also rebranded its outreach program, now known as the Carolina Hurricanes Foundation.
- Because you can’t get enough of it in the offseason, here’s some more news on Seattle’s work to bring an NHL franchise to the city. [TSN]
- Big free agent signing: Sean McIndoe AKA “Down Goes Brown” joined The Athletic yesterday. [The Athletic]
- And a question to leave you with as you take on your workday:
On Thursday morning the Hurricanes announced their TV and radio coverage plans for the 2018 preseason. The three home games will be streamed at Hurricanes.com, and the September 25 contest against the Predators will be broadcast over the air on Fox Sports Carolinas as well as on the Fox Sports app. Every preseason game will be available on 99.9 The Fan, except for the free game against Nashville on September 30 which will be available on an audio stream at WRALSportsFan.com.
In addition, each game from the Traverse City prospects tournament, which begins Friday, will stream to subscribers on the Fox Sports app. The release from the team is below.
CANES ANNOUNCE PRESEASON BROADCAST INFO
Sept. 25 game at Nashville to air on FOX Sports Carolinas
The Carolina Hurricanes, in conjunction with broadcast partners FOX Sports Carolinas and 99.9 The Fan, today announced the team’s coverage plans for its 2018 exhibition season.
FOX Sports Carolinas will broadcast the Hurricanes’ exhibition game at Nashville on Sept. 25, with John Forslund on play-by-play, Tripp Tracy on analysis and Mike Maniscalco reporting. In addition, FOX will stream each of the Hurricanes four games at the 2018 NHL Prospects Tournament in Traverse City via the FOX Sports App. That tournament begins on Friday, Sept. 7, when Carolina takes on the St. Louis Blues.
Hurricanes radio flagship 99.9 The Fan will air the first five of the team’s exhibition contests, with the sixth available via WRALSportsfan.com. Forslund and Tracy will call all of the action for 99.9, and Alec Campbell will return to host pre- and post-game shows, as well as intermission coverage.
All three Hurricanes home exhibition games will also be available via a live stream on CarolinaHurricanes.com.