- The black jersey magic strikes again and the Canes picked up another win, this time with Jeff Skinner back in town.
Updated recap with quotes from RBA, Williams, Aho, Ferland, plus further thoughts on the rock and the hard place the Canes find themselves between with a player who has shown undeniable chemistry with the team’s meal tickets ➡️ https://t.co/eCIGGT39zf— Canes Country (@CanesCountry) January 12, 2019
Welcome back, @JeffSkinner pic.twitter.com/TD2hz8KfyH— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) January 12, 2019
With another great storm surge!
THIS IS HOW WE ROLL pic.twitter.com/t0AzatCrFn— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) January 12, 2019
- Every sports site/team does bold predictions for the season. TSN has not shied away from their takes and revisits their preseason takes at the halfway point. [TSN]
- In the final minute of the Avalanche loss to the Flames, Nathan McKinnon yelled on the bench. Days later, he now calls his reaction unacceptable. [NHL]
Things got HEATED between Nathan MacKinnon and Jared Bednar on the Avs' bench. pic.twitter.com/X0PQrDzA1e— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) January 10, 2019
- It appears that the Sergei Bobrovsky saga was not a major deal, he is set to return to the team and possibly start tonight. [NHL]
- Elliotte Friedman has a great in depth write up of what player tracking technology and gambling means for the NHL, with examples of in game betting and what the tech will look like. [Sportsnet]
- Rick Nash announced his retirement from the NHL yesterday due to concussion symptoms. [ESPN]
Statement on behalf of client Rick Nash: pic.twitter.com/DekEvhSevy— Top Shelf Sports Management Inc. (@Topshelf_TSSM) January 11, 2019
- Down Goes Brown breaks down the issue with players policing the game, and his three comedy stars of the week [$Athletic]