Yesterday’s News Today
The Carolina Hurricanes said Good Riddance to three players: Clark Bishop, Gustav Forsling, and Anton Forsberg who were all put on waivers. This fork in the road for the players hopefully ends with successful placement in Charlotte. [Canes Country]
- Wake me up when September ends. We are just 24 hours from the start of the 2019-2020 season and the NHL announced a two-year partnership with Green Day.
The NHL this afternoon will announce a 2-year partnership with Green Day that could also bring with it a new anthem similar to what the NFL had with Hank Williams on "Monday Night Football." https://t.co/OXDnYhHvBO— Stephen Whyno (@SWhyno) September 30, 2019
- Holiday: This may not be the dawning of the rest of our lives but it is the dawn of a new season and with that we have the new official hashtag of #LetsGoCanes
- Connor McDavid must have a nice detached four bedroom, four and a half bathroom home off the Boulevard of Broken Dreams. He recently commented that he only cares about winning. [$TheAthletic]
- However, the wingers that are set to play in Edmonton next season are...well...Dookie.
ok i did the math— dom luszczyszyn (@domluszczyszyn) September 30, 2019
according to gsva
the oilers eight: 1.0 wins
the waivers eight: 1.6 wins
39 players on NHL waivers today, including Luke Schenn: pic.twitter.com/RTZA1V177s— James Mirtle (@mirtle) September 30, 2019
- It’s something unpredictable when you are a new captain but I hope Jordan Staal has the time of his life as he takes on his new role. [NHL]
- With all of the preseason injuries to potential starters, you may be feeling like a basket case. But don’t worry your mind isn’t playing tricks on you. You aren’t paranoid, and Don Waddell expects all to play. [David Glenn Show Hour Three]
- Michael Smith also came around for hour two. [David Glenn Show Hour 2].
- Wearing the newly unveiled Stanley Cup Rings will make all the players feel like a real Suburban Jesus. [Sportsnet]
- Welcome to Paradise, Patrik Laine and Kyle Connor are both expect to return to Winnipeg and start in the opener against the New York Rangers. [NHL]
- Don’t want to be an American Idiot, well Evander Kane may be feeling like a Canadian idiot as he is facing a 10-game suspension for abuse of an official following the Sharks final preseason game. [The Mercury News]