Yesterday’s News Today
- Our roundup of the Metro Division highlighted the solid competition the Canes are facing early on in the standings. [Canes Country]
- Former Cane Valentin Zykov was the main story in the NHL yesterday, and it was not for something positive. He and the Vegas Golden Knights will now deal with the ramifications of his 20-game suspension.
Despite Valentin Zykov’s statement saying he’s unaware of how he tested positive for a banned substance, George McPhee said Zykov told him in a conversation yesterday that he knowingly took the substance, and has taken that sort of substance for 4 years. #VegasBorn— Jesse Granger (@JesseGranger_) October 17, 2019
- The Canes have reassigned Brian Gibbons back to Charlotte. NO corresponding move has been announced proceeding tonight’s tilt with Anaheim.
- Pierre LeBrun is reporting that the Canes are on the prowl for a “top-9” winger on the trade market. Speculation has included Josh Ho-Sang and Jesse Puljujarvi.
As I reported tonight on Insider Trading, Hurricanes have done some tire kicking on a few forwards including Ho-Sang and Puljujarvi... not sure it will go anywhere but we’ll see https://t.co/UXMz64bFMp— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) October 17, 2019
- And, who can resist a GIF of Canes prospect Dominik Bokk making plays?
- The NHLPA put together a Q and A with Jaccob Slavin that shows off the genuine nature of the Canes young, budding superstar. [NHLPA]
- Canes Jerseys Back, Alright! The Canes are auctioning off custom jerseys worn by the Backstreet Boys during their performance at PNC Arena two months ago. [WRAL Sports Fan]
- Chase Priskie chose the Hurricanes as a college free agent this summer. He laid out his reasons in an interview for the Charlotte Checkers team site. [Checkers]