In case you missed this...somehow despite being on the internet today and probably on social media. Andrei Svechnikov scored a Michigan Goal last night to tie the game.
A couple reactions from around the team:
SPOILER: Marty LOVED Svech's goal pic.twitter.com/Zfq0JRW5Z6— Carolina Hurricanes (@Canes) October 30, 2019
Dougie Hamilton is a great teammate and a friend to the media pic.twitter.com/5Ucon62rLr— Carolina Hurricanes (@Canes) October 30, 2019
- The Pittsburgh Penguins got good injury news. They have activated Brian Dumoulin and Alex Galchenyuk from IR. [CBS Pittsburgh]
- If you weren’t at the game last night, you missed this - and it is riotously funny.
- Before the Washington Capitals took on the Toronto Maple Leafs, Alex Ovechkin made headlines when he said the Leafs need to change their play if they want to win a Stanley Cup. [NHL]
- Winger Gabriel Landeskog is out indefinitely and now joins Mikko Rantanen on IR for the Colorado Avalanche. Tough loss for the Avs who are now without two of their first line players, including their captain. [Denver Post]
- Continuing his quest to play for every professional hockey team in existence:
- The Nashville Predators and captain Roman Josi have agreed to an eight year, $9 million AAV contract extension. [ESPN]
- The Canes returned to their old ways with a trick or treat Storm Surge last night
When you find the house that gives out king size candy bars pic.twitter.com/nP2MjJL7Pq— Carolina Hurricanes (@Canes) October 30, 2019
- Tampa Bay D Victor Hedman and F Pat Maroon both left last night’s game against the Rangers and are listed as day-to-day on the injury report. [Tampa Bay Times]
- David Perron and Ryan O’Reilly dressed up as each other for Halloween. Also a great idea for anyone who is struggling to come up with costume ideas with friends. [Blues.com]
- Jonathan Toews is tired already. Part of it is the crazy travel that central teams have. He has come up with a more series focused schedule to drastically reduce travel distance and time for all teams. [$TheAthletic]
- Ok, just one last time