Yesterday’s News Today
- The Hurricanes shook off their four-game losing streak in grand fashion last night, pulverizing the Senators 8-2. [Canes Country]
- 100 games into the Rod Brind’Amour era, Andrew Ahr takes a look at the successful beginning to his coaching career. [Canes Country]
- Don Cherry has been fired from his long-time position on Hockey Night in Canada after his controversial remarks regarding Canadian immigrants this past week. Cherry is more defiant than ever in his talk with the Toronto Sun. [Toronto Sun]
- The defending Cup champion St. Louis Blues may be looking to add a few veterans to their roster, including the brother of a current Hurricane.
- There appears to be a resolution in the championship trophy saga for the ECHL’s Kelly Cup. [ECHL]
- The Raleigh Police Department may have to put out an APB in search of the “Great Ice Cream Thief” at PNC Arena.