First off, we want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the day, the football, the food, and everything that goes along with the holiday.
Also, don’t forget to eat an extra bite of turkey for everyone here on the staff!
Yesterday’s News Today
- Metro Roundup: The top five are set as we head in to Thanksgiving
- Game Recap: Lundqvist and the Rangers thwart the Hurricanes comeback
Social Media Roundup
- Rod Brind’Amour addressed the media yesterday regarding the Bill Peters situation:
Head Coach Rod Brind'Amour addresses the media ahead of tonight's game pic.twitter.com/SSOQLLMi7o— Carolina Hurricanes (@Canes) November 27, 2019
- Late last night Peters released a statement of his own:
Statement from Bill Peters he just sent me: pic.twitter.com/YtgZjjXRbY— Eric Francis (@EricFrancis) November 28, 2019
- This morning, former Hurricane Jiri Tlusty weighed in:
Ex-NHL player Jiri Tlusty about Bill Peters:— Robert Rampa (@RampaRobert15) November 28, 2019
"He's arrogant. Wish players don't have to meet that man again. He's not going to change. There were more stuff like that in Carolina. Kicking into Michal Jordan's back? That's acting like a rat."#Flames @Canes @Dreamer_Aliu78
- Rod Brind’Amour speaks out about what occurred with Bill Peters and details emerge on who exactly approached Peters after the Michal Jordan incident. [The Athletic $]
- Evander Kane has a request: Don’t lump the Mike Babcock and Bill Peters stories together. [Mercury Sun]
- Georges Laraque opens up about the racism he endured on his path to the NHL. [Sportsnet]
- Is it time to talk about NC State moving to varsity hockey? [The Technician]
- The NHL polled current players to find out what the name of the Seattle franchise should be and here are their answers. [NHL]
- Charlie Coyle and Chris Wagner have both signed extensions with the Boston Bruins. [NHL]
- NHL power rankings and whether their current playoff positioning is legit or unlikely to be sustained. [ESPN]
- UND and Minnesota will play college hockey’s first Thanksgiving Day game in 19 years. [Grand Forks Herald]
- And finally, if you need something to argue about on Thanksgiving, this should do the trick.