Yesterday’s News Today
- Should the Carolina Hurricanes pursue Taylor Hall
- Metropolitan Division Weekly Roundup: Hurricanes get hot
- After four seasons, the San Jose Sharks fired Peter DeBoer as head coach. Former Hurricanes defenseman Bob Boughner takes over as interim coach.
Under their leadership, our franchise has accomplished some great things.— San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks) December 12, 2019
We would like to thank Peter DeBoer, Steve Spott, Dave Barr, and Johan Hedberg for their contributions to the #SJSharks success over the last four years. pic.twitter.com/RllQhiHsc3
- Ron Francis spoke for the first time since the Bill Peters news broke, explaining his reasoning for extending Peters’ contract despite what he knew. [Seattle Times]
- Akim Aliu’s experiences have opened everyone’s eyes to the issues with hockey culture. [Wall Street Journal]
- Guy Lapointe, the Hall of Fame defenseman for the Montreal Canadiens has been diagnosed with cancer. [NHL]
- Zdeno Chara just became everyone’s favorite player.
Zdeno Chara and Tom Wilson trading punches pic.twitter.com/1toGwkmFzu— Brady Trettenero (@BradyTrett) December 12, 2019
- Pierre LeBrun breaks down the NHL’s December Board of Governors meetings [$TheAthletic]
- Fired Dallas Stars head coach, Jim Montgomery, says there will be a time that he talks - but it won’t be now. [WFAA Dallas]
- So why hasn’t Steve Yzerman changed coaches despite the Red Wings being a dumpster fire? [MLive]