Yesterday’s News Today
- Svechnikov, Mrazek lift Hurricanes to dramatic shootout win over the Sharks
- Metro Roundup: The Streaking Never Ends
- Canes Country Podcast: The Jake Gardiner Edition
Social Media Roundup
- It’s the Carolina Conga!
CAROLINA CONGA pic.twitter.com/gLTlW7F884— Carolina Hurricanes (@Canes) December 6, 2019
- For those who missed the controversy from last night here’s a replay:
Joe Thornton jabs at the puck after Petr Mrazek has it covered.— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) December 6, 2019
Mrazek tries to take a whack at Thornton and misses.
Thornton... punches Mrazek square in the mask.
Chaos ensues. pic.twitter.com/4FDuUVfEBZ
- Petr Mrazek spoke about the incident after the game:
"To be honest it's even better. You feel like you're in the game and you want make saves for the guys and get the win."— FOX Sports Carolinas (@CanesOnFSCR) December 6, 2019
-PETR on his scuffle with Joe Thornton@Canes | #LetsGoCanes pic.twitter.com/jQ2UXGOIZY
- The Carolina Hurricanes helped spread cheer around the Triangle this week. [ABC 11]
- Nathan MacKinnon has no regrets on being underpaid. [Forbes]
- A sad story about former United States Olympian and Miracle on Ice star Mark Pavelich, who has been deemed mentally ill and dangerous by a judge. [Star Tribune]
- After the NHL coaching abuse scandals, where do things stand now and what happens next? [ESPN]
- The NHL and Disney Streaming Services have launched a new interactive tool call GameFlow, that allows you to see shot pressure data in a visual representation of a game’s momentum. [NHL]
- There is still a long way to go but women are gaining ground with new roles in the NHL. [USA Today]
- Enjoy playing NHL 20? Well now you can play as Snoop Dogg! [Engadget]
- Lastly, while it’s not ice hockey, it’s still a form of hockey that’s fascinating. Take a deep dive in to the world of underwater hockey. [ESPN]