- Surge on you Mentors of Jerks, surge on:
- Linda Cohn is all aboard team #Jerks:
Just love how the @NHLCanes turned a negative into a positive! Wonder what Don Cherry will say tonight? Thank you @NHLCanes for the awesome #bunchofjerks T-shirt. I displayed it proudly on the latest edition of #InTheCrease on espn+! pic.twitter.com/0FKBDa9ygm— Linda Cohn (@lindacohn) February 23, 2019
- We have multiple trades to bring up you up to date on:
Trade: Stars acquire D Ben Lovejoy from the Devils for D Connor Carrick and a third round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft.— Dan Rosen (@drosennhl) February 23, 2019
Zuccarello off to DAL, pending trade call, in exchange for 2nd round pick in 2019 and third round pick in 2020. The 2nd rounder becomes a first if DAL wins two playoff rounds. The 3rd becomes a first if DAL re-signs Zuccarello. https://t.co/umLH9n0IIQ— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) February 24, 2019
- Gritty stole the show last night at the Stadium Series game:
I’m just a Grit and I’m on FIREEEEEEE pic.twitter.com/lFFqZnlOgl— Gritty (@GrittyNHL) February 24, 2019
- Your biggest trade deadline questions answered. [ESPN]
- The Duchene (and now Dzingel) trades show Columbus is serious about winning now. [NHL]
- New innovations allow the NHL to host outdoor games anywhere. [Chicago Tribune]
- If the NHL is really concerned with player safety, it needs to update its rule book. [Edmonton Journal]
- The nine biggest deadline day deals in the history of the NHL. [Sports Illustrated]
Stalking the Standings
Thanks to Pittsburgh’s loss and the Canes’ win both teams are tied in the standings with the same amount of games played. Carolina currently holds the second wild card spot because they own the ROW tiebreaker with the Penguins. With Montreal and Washington both losing as well, last night can be considered a great success for Carolina in the standings.
- Carolina defeated Dallas 3-0 to move up to 72 points.
- The Philadelphia Flyers came back to win their Stadium Series game against the Pittsburgh Penguins in overtime 4-3.
- In western Canada, Vancouver fell 4-0 to the New York Islanders.
- Elsewhere in Canada, the Toronto Maple Leafs came out victorious over the Montreal Canadiens 6-3.
- The Buffalo Sabres beat the Washington Capitals 5-2 in Buffalo.
- With a goal from newly acquired Matt Duchene, the Columbus Blue Jackets won 4-0 over the San Jose Sharks.
- Metro 1: New York Islanders: 61 GP, 79 points, 106 pt pace, 33 ROW
- Metro 2: Washington Capitals: 62 GP, 75 points, 99 pt pace, 31 ROW
- Metro 3: Columbus Blue Jackets: 61 GP, 73 points, 98 pt pace, 35 ROW
- WC 1: Montreal Canadiens: 62 GP, 73 points, 97 pt pace, 31 ROW
- WC 2: Carolina Hurricanes: 62 GP, 72 points, 95 pt pace, 32 ROW
- 9th: Pittsburgh Penguins: 62 GP, 72 points, 95 pt pace, 31 ROW
- 10th: Buffalo Sabres: 61 GP, 66 points, 89 pt pace, 25 ROW
- 11th: Philadelphia Flyers: 62 GP, 65 points, 86 pt pace, 27 ROW
Rooting Guide for Today:
- New York Rangers over the Washington Capitals