- Yesterday’s News Today: The Canes Backstop Platoon, BTN Appreciation of Dougie Hamilton.
- Dan Rosen at NHL.com discusses the Canes playoff chances in his weekly mailbag. [NHL]
- In the Western Conference, the race for the final wildcard features a bit more mediocrity than the East, but that has allowed the banged-up Arizona Coyotes to hang around. [ESPN]
- Patrick Kane hit the 99 point mark on Wednesday.
- The draft lottery, which God willing the Hurricanes won’t be a part of, will take place earlier this season: April 9, the day before the playoffs start. [Sportsnet]
Stalking the Standings
Did you enjoy your night off from looking at the scoreboard? Good - because tonight has three big games on the docket.
- Metro 1: Washington Capitals: 70 GP, 89 points, 104 pt pace, 37 ROW
- Metro 2: New York Islanders: 69 GP, 87 points, 103 pt pace, 36 ROW
- Metro 3: Pittsburgh Penguins: 70 GP, 85 points, 100 pt pace, 37 ROW
- WC 1: Carolina Hurricanes, 69 GP, 83 points, 99 pt pace, 37 ROW
- WC 2: Columbus Blue Jackets: 70 GP, 81 points, 95 pt pace, 38 ROW
- 9th: Montreal Canadiens: 70 GP, 81 points, 95 pt pace, 35 ROW
- 10th: Philadelphia Flyers: 69 GP, 76 points, 90 pt pace, 32 ROW
Tonight’s Rooting Guide
- Sabres over Penguins
- Islanders over Canadiens, preferably in regulation
- Capitals over Flyers, preferably in regulation