- Last call for the CC Playoff Pick ‘em! Entries will close at the start of the first game tonight, so get your picks in now.
- The Devils beat the odds and earned the opportunity to pick first overall in this summer’s draft for the second time in three years. [ESPN]
- Attention Hurricanes fans in Charlotte: There will be a Game 1 watch party at the uptown Carolina Ale House. [Facebook]
- Speaking of watch parties...
In addition to hosting at the largest Carolina Ale House we are going bigger and better than ever by shutting down part of Tucker St. next to the restaurant & putting a large screen outside as well. Bring. It!— Jon Chase (@JChasesthoughts) April 7, 2019
Why. Not. Us. https://t.co/XpLi5yIIxD
- With a playoff battle looming, Washington Capitals coach Todd Reirden and his son face a battle of their own. [Washington Post]
- Justin Faulk jumped on NHL Network Radio yesterday.
#Canes @JustinFaulk27 #TakeWarning on @SiriusXMNHL @StellickSimmer with @GordStellick @simmerpuck Tuesday!#CARvsWSH Game 1 Thurs 7:30pmET in WSH. @NHLCanes return to the #StanleyCup Playoffs for the 1st time since 2009, ending the 2nd-longest absence in #NHL history @CanesPR pic.twitter.com/w8ZFakYGvy— SiriusXM NHL Network Radio (@SiriusXMNHL) April 9, 2019
- And John Forslund joined David Glenn yesterday (head to the 15-minute mark). [DG Show]
- Here’s a very good Canes vs. Caps series preview from Dom Luszczyszyn. [The Athletic]
- Tom Dundon has made some pretty polarizing moves in the sports world since coming out of the woodwork to buy the Canes last year. [Washington Post]
- The most important of all playoff #content: the evaluation of playoff beards. [WRALSportsFan]
- Scott Darling has returned to Charlotte from his leave of absence.
Canes GM Don Waddell said goalie Scott Darling has returned to the Checkers and has been practicing the past few days. Said Darling injured an ankle Monday but noted, "He has a great spirit of mind and he feels good about things."— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip) April 9, 2019
- Taylor Hall couldn’t help but have a little fun at his own expense after his Devils won the draft lottery last night.
Honestly though, very excited to welcome our future #1 overall pick to Jersey! Great start to the summer for the Devils.— Taylor Hall (@hallsy09) April 10, 2019