But First, A Word From our Sponsor
Hey y’all, Brian here. We don’t actually have a sponsor yet, but we’d love to partner with a local company to sponsor our playoff coverage. We will be on the road for every game, and we’d love to give your business exposure. Ever since the trade deadline we’ve been breaking traffic records nearly every day, and for the first time in our history we’re regularly in the top ten of most-read SBN hockey sites. Sound like something you’d like to get in on? Drop us a line at sbncanescountry at gmail dot com!
- Russian Machine Never Breaks provides a great view of the first round series between the Washington Capitals and the Carolina Hurricanes from the enemy’s perspective. [RMNB]
- SportsNet has an in-depth preview of every round-one series. The most important, obviously, is the Canes/Caps breakdown. [SportsNet]
Busy week ahead for @JohnForslund. Will do FS Carolinas and radio for Games 1, 3 and 4 of Canes series, radio only for Game 2 (NBC exclusive) and work nationally every other day, starting with Columbus at Tampa on Wednesday on USA.— Luke DeCock (@LukeDeCock) April 7, 2019
- Great news for all hockey fans, it appears that Connor McDavid’s injury is much less serious than originally thought. [NHL]
- Flames’ Mark Giordano expressed his feelings on the hit that led to the McDavid injury. [SportsNet]
- There are seven teams that are looking for a long-term head coach, but it appears the Florida Panthers found their coach.
There is a real sense today that the process between FLA and Joel Quenneville is much further along than many of us realized. It’s not a done deal, but it’s close. It would not be a surprise if this process closes in the near future.— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) April 7, 2019
- Kings dismissed interim head coach Willie Desjardins after 27-34-8 record behind the helm. [NBC Sports]
- The Buffalo Sabres fired head coach Phil Housley after only two seasons, marks the 4th coach fired since Lindy Ruff was let go in 2013. [NBC Sports]
- This weekend marked the one-year anniversary since the Humboldt bus crash. ESPN had multiple pieces on the story and the NHL tributes. There was also a feature on yesterday’s E:60 that you can also find on ESPN as well. [ESPN]