First I would like to say, this year as Hurricanes fans we rooted for the playoffs. This team gave us something that we could never have thought was possible, a trip to the Eastern Conference Final. Regardless of what happens in game four, most of these players now have playoff experience which is valuable and we now have the ability to build a winning culture.
In Case You Missed It:
We have an ID on this proud Canes fan amid the Bruins bluster on Bear Force One...— Mark Armstrong (@ArmstrongABC11) May 14, 2019
Tripp Tracy’s mom. No joke. How amazing is that haha. https://t.co/ja7oo82Kva
And as the finale - here’s Tripp’s mom Marilyn pretending to KO the Bruins mascot pic.twitter.com/yowjPC2elG— Mark Armstrong (@ArmstrongABC11) May 14, 2019
- Stormy and Hamilton sport incredible mullets before game 3 Seriously, its an Ice Hog and a mullett. [NHL]
- El Cap speaks about the importance of family. That’s Justin Williams, and I still love him despite his “Shenanigans” [Sportsnet]
- Former Swiss National coach Ralph Krueger expected to be the next coach of the Buffalo Sabres. This would be a fun hire to see how the NHL would react to a potential off the board coach. It would be great to see more Euro’s to get an NHL chance. [The Buffalo News]
- San Jose Sharks to give free tattoos to fans during away games. Imagine the amount of pig tattoos that would happen if this was on Glenwood. [NBC Sports]
- In case you forgot that Rod Brind’Amour puts you to shame, he still can pass the conditioning test. [USA Today]
Today’s fun fact:— Cory Lavalette (@corylav) May 14, 2019
Today is the nine-year anniversary of the Bruins losing Game 7 to the Flyers in 2010, blowing a 3-0 series lead in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
- It’s great that RBA has personality and that he refuses to reveal his strategy. Here is the value of not revealing your starting goaltender. [The Athletic $]
- Here is a fun one. A Toronto writer is talking about the effect of officiating on playoff series. So take this one with a grain of salt. [Toronto Sun]