- The Charlotte Checkers won game 3 of the AHL Eastern Conference Final and now lead the series 2 games to 1. After falling behind in the series 1-0 and trailing in the third period of game 2, the Checkers rattled off 10 unanswered goals before the Toronto Marlies got one late in game 3. The saucer pass from Martin Necas on the third goal is a nice reminder of the talent the Canes have in the AHL.
Take a look into the room after that big Game 3 win! pic.twitter.com/9ipnW26m6l— Charlotte Checkers (@CheckersHockey) May 22, 2019
Look at the sauce from Necas to set up Brown's third point of the night! pic.twitter.com/FFXeXhgvzl— Charlotte Checkers (@CheckersHockey) May 22, 2019
- The St. Louis Blues beat the San Jose Sharks 5-1 last night, winning the Western Conference Final 4 games to 2. After residing at the absolute bottom of the league standings on January 2, the Blues have advanced to their first Stanley Cup Final in 49 years.
- The Canes’ annual STM Paint the Ice was Monday, somewhat later than it had been in the recent past:
- He’s headed back to New York for the summer, but Brett Pesce has some parting words for Canes fans:
- How a Blues fan could win $100K. [ESPN]
- Before you ask: yes.
- Live from Salem, N.H., it’s … the Stanley Cup final? [The Athletic $]
- How Zdeno Chara would customize his NHL helmet. [NESN]
- The Rangers sign another young defenseman. [NY Post]
- Canada bests US in World Championship, US to face Russia in elimination round. [Sporting News]
- The N.C. State Icepack is expanding into women’s hockey, and if you want to participate, they want to hear from you:
Interested in playing women's hockey at NC State? DM us for more information!!— NC State Women's Hockey (@NCStateWHockey) May 21, 2019