- There is going to be playoff hockey in North Carolina in June for the first time since 2006 as the Checkers will be taking on the Chicago Wolves. Here is the complete schedule:
- Take a look inside the Checkers locker room following their series clinching win over Toronto:
“Teammates mean everything”— Charlotte Checkers (@CheckersHockey) May 27, 2019
The room was fired up after that double OT win, take a look inside! pic.twitter.com/In4RirHMOW
- A bunch of people have chimed in wishing the Checkers good luck in the Calder Cup Finals, here are just a couple:
Congratulations to @CheckersHockey on winning the EC Championship!!! Outstanding job by the entire Checkers organization for a job well done, the fans who bring the passion and especially @mike_vellucci, @Jason_Shaya and all the PLAYERS!#heyheywhaddyasay— John Forslund (@JohnForslund) May 27, 2019
- And a pretty cool view for the Checkers double overtime winner that sent them to the Finals:
- How a change in strategy got the Checkers to the Calder Cup Finals. [Charlotte Observer]
- The NHL is looking to expand their replay system. [NHL]
- Gary Bettman is unhappy with the latest officiating controversy. [USA Today]
- When it comes to concussions, Bettman is fighting the wrong fight. [Toronto Sun]
- The NHL and Ticketmaster have signed a 10 year contract extension. [NHL]
- In a slightly ironic twist, Boston turned country with a trip to Old Town Road last night... Wonder if they turned off his set halfway through?
About Last Night
The Boston Bruins came from behind to take game one of the Stanley Cup Final over the St. Louis Blues by a score of 4-2. Brayden Schenn and Vladimir Tarasenko gave the Blues a 2-0 lead early in the second period but Boston stormed back, scoring four straight to take the series lead. Game 2 is Wednesday night at 8pm.