- The Hurricanes officially have an Eastern Conference Final opponent! The Canes will take on the Boston Bruins with Game 1 likely facing off Thursday night in the TD Garden. [Us]
- Don Waddell jumped on Sirius XM to talk Canes hockey yesterday and their ticket to the Eastern Conference Finals.
Don Waddell @NHLCanes on his #Jerks advancing to the 3rd round of the #StanleyCup Playoffs!#Canes GM also talked about his goalie situation and Micheal Ferland's injury status Monday on @SiriusXMNHL @StellickSimmer with @GordStellick @simmerpuck @CanesPR #NHL #Siriusxm 91 pic.twitter.com/yZqCDtc8bp— SiriusXM NHL Network Radio (@SiriusXMNHL) May 6, 2019
- The Sedin’s seem to be enjoying their retirement from the game of hockey.
- Governor Roy Cooper underwent an elective procedure on his back yesterday. We’re hearing that the surgery won’t end his season.
Gov. Cooper today underwent an elective procedure to repair a herniated disc that was causing lower back pain. The governor is alert and resting, reading bills and directing staff.— Governor Roy Cooper (@NC_Governor) May 6, 2019
: https://t.co/XjJ588VXA0 pic.twitter.com/HErOqZZEpC
- John Forslund jumped on the David Glenn Show yesterday to talk about the upcoming series and Don Cherry. [Hipcast] (starts around 24:00)
- There were quite a few post-practice interviews yesterday:
- How does Justin Williams prepare for the Eastern Conference Final? The answer won’t really surprise you.
How does @JustinWilliams captain of the Carolina Hurricanes prepare for the Eastern Conference Final? He plays ball hockey with his kids of course. Feature coming soon on Hockey Night in Canada. #HNIC #Sportsnet #StanleyCup pic.twitter.com/xTTknksb1a— Christine Simpson (@SNChrisSimpson) May 6, 2019
About Last Night
- Last night’s Game 6 between the Boston Bruins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets decided the series as the Bruins picked up a 3-0 win in Columbus in front of an incredible effort from Tuukka Rask. The biggest talking point coming out of the series will be yet another refereeing controversy that will most likely have a direct impact on the Canes and the Eastern Conference Final. Here’s the play in question:
- Both series in the West will go to Game 7. Gabriel Landeskog scored 2:30 into overtime to give the Avalanche a 3-2 win and tie the series at 3. Game 7 in St. Louis is tonight at 8:00 between the Blues and Stars, and the Sharks and Avalanche will get the winner-take-all spotlight on Wednesday at 9:00.
And Finally, A Word From Our Sponsor
Hi folks, Brian here. A decent number of you have asked about pitching in to help cover our coverage costs while the Canes are on the road, but you don’t want to buy shirts for one reason or another. I understand, and I want you to be able to help, but I don’t want to come across like we’re public radio hectoring you for money or something. Not to mention, I recognize that you already do your part by patronizing a site that’s supported by advertising. Believe me, I get it.
So, this is the one and only time I’m going to post a link to a gofundme I set up to allow you to help out if you feel called to do so. Please do not feel obligated. Think of this like a tip jar, not an invoice. I don’t want to leave the impression that our coverage will suffer without assistance, because it won’t, but at the same time enough of you have asked that I feel like I’d be tone deaf if I didn’t do something.
Thank you so much for your generosity, and whether you donate or not, thank you for supporting our work here at CC. It’s much appreciated.