Yesterday’s News Today
- The Hurricanes and Mike Vellucci mutually decided to part ways.
- Alex Nedeljkovic signed a new deal.
- What could new contracts look like for the Canes’ RFAs?
- A new pre-free agency podcast has dropped!
- Vellucci accepted the head coaching job in Wilkes-Barre with the Penguins. He reunites with GM Jim Rutherford and is likely the coach in waiting if anything happens to Mike Sullivan.
- Phil Kessel and the Pittsburgh Penguins are in a dispute over Kessel’s role on the team and a possible trade. [$The Athletic]
- The Washington Capitals traded Andre Burakovsky for picks. The Caps need cap space and were forced to deal the underachieving forward.
NEWS | The Capitals Acquire a Second and Third Round Pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft from Colorado for Andre Burakovsky— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) June 28, 2019
Pending UFA Forward Scott Kosmachuk also included in the tradehttps://t.co/IEcLcE4xhY
- The Toronto Maple Leafs sign Kasperi Kapanen and Andreas Johnsson to contract extensions leaving them with just over $6 million in cap space. [Toronto Maple Leafs]
Major Feature Update:— CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) June 28, 2019
The Income Tax Calculator now takes into effect:
-Jock taxes (estimated based on each teams 2019-20 schedule)
-Escrow (optional and adjustable)
-Agent fees (optional and adjustable)
Assumptions are presented at the top of the pagehttps://t.co/6DpTquD1TN pic.twitter.com/D9FJWkQDO3