Yesterday’s News Today
- The Hurricanes and Mike Vellucci mutually decided to part ways.
- Alex Nedeljkovic signed a new deal.
- What could new contracts look like for the Canes’ RFAs?
- A new pre-free agency podcast has dropped!
- Vellucci accepted the head coaching job in Wilkes-Barre with the Penguins. He reunites with GM Jim Rutherford and is likely the coach in waiting if anything happens to Mike Sullivan.
Mike Vellucci has indeed been named head coach of the #Pens AHL affiliate @WBSPenguins.— Tony Androckitis (@TonyAndrock) June 28, 2019
That's a big move for the #WBSPens before free agency kicks off.
- Phil Kessel and the Pittsburgh Penguins are in a dispute over Kessel’s role on the team and a possible trade. [$The Athletic]
- The Washington Capitals traded Andre Burakovsky for picks. The Caps need cap space and were forced to deal the underachieving forward.
NEWS | The Capitals Acquire a Second and Third Round Pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft from Colorado for Andre Burakovsky— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) June 28, 2019
Pending UFA Forward Scott Kosmachuk also included in the tradehttps://t.co/IEcLcE4xhY
- The Toronto Maple Leafs sign Kasperi Kapanen and Andreas Johnsson to contract extensions leaving them with just over $6 million in cap space. [Toronto Maple Leafs]
Major Feature Update:— CapFriendly (@CapFriendly) June 28, 2019
The Income Tax Calculator now takes into effect:
-Jock taxes (estimated based on each teams 2019-20 schedule)
-Escrow (optional and adjustable)
-Agent fees (optional and adjustable)
Assumptions are presented at the top of the pagehttps://t.co/6DpTquD1TN pic.twitter.com/D9FJWkQDO3
- Vegas continues their summer of dumping cap space by trading Colin Miller to the Buffalo Sabres for draft picks. [ESPN]