- The St. Louis Blues came through with a series-tying win on home ice last night in game four of the Stanley Cup Final. The series will now shift back to Boston for game five. [NHL]
- St. Louis had a true home-ice advantage in game four. [NHL]
- While it didn’t lead to a win, Zdeno Chara showed off why he’s such a respected leader on Monday night. After getting a puck to the face and suffering facial injuries, he returned to the bench with a full visor for the third period of game four, even though he couldn’t play.
Zdeno Chara takes a deflected shot to the face pic.twitter.com/Lp5lpKm7JY— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) June 4, 2019
- Though the series is now even again, the Blues have been getting themselves into trouble by letting the Bruins get them off their discipline. [NBC Sports]
- Instead of waiting for July 1, the Philadelphia Flyers took initiative and traded for the rights of pending unrestricted free agent Kevin Hayes from the Winnipeg Jets. They’ll look to sign him to an extension over the next four weeks prior to the start of free agency.
Jets gave up a 1st, Brendan Lemieux and a conditional 4th for Hayes... and recoup a 5th rounder by dealing his rights. Hayes & Flyers have spoken, just briefly, and contract talks will pick up in the near future.— David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod) June 4, 2019