- The Montreal Canadiens are not bitter, they’re not bitter at all. The break up with Sebastian Aho was mutual, actually it was their idea.
- The Athletic has a great analytics staff. The latest project was to analyze each team’s contracts to see which have been the most efficient. You will be happy with the results. [$TheAthletic]
- The New York Rangers are either putting together the Carolina Hurricanes fourth line all stars or they are beefing up their AHL affiliate Harford to make a Calder Cup run next season. After signing Greg McKegg, they have now also signed Phil Di Giuseppe to a one year $700k contract. [Blueshirt Banter]
- The St Louis Blues continue to use the Stanley Cup as the world’s greatest catering dish. This time it is Rob Bortuzzo eating meat and cheese out of the cup on a boat. Ken Campbell will not be happy with this. [NHL]
Doubling down on my tweet from last night. The Stanley Cup is not a dog's bowl or a toilet or a feedbag, so stop treating it that way. My blog. https://t.co/8GEdG4vA0f— Ken Campbell (@THNKenCampbell) July 16, 2019
- The Charlotte Checkers new head coach Ryan Warsofsky sat down with Jason Shaya about his hiring and the upcoming season with the Checkers.
- Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman talks trades and the state of their defense after their off season moves [Chicago Sun Times].
- William Nylander decided to wear #88, which is a completely normally thing to do. Jersey hardos quickly pointed out that would be disrespectful to Eric Lindros who played 11 whole games with the Toronto Maple Leafs. Whelp. Lindros, like many, doesn’t care and wishes Nylander the best.