- Yesterday’s news today: Former Carolina Hurricane Patrick Dwyer has been hired as an assistant coach for the Charlotte Checkers. Dwyer most recently played for Belfast Giants in England. [Canes Country]
- New Seattle GM Ron Francis is starting the long scouting and team building process by attending the WJSS. [NHL]
NASCAR and hockey? Surprisingly, it's a good mix. Which hockey team would you like to see sponsor a NASCAR organization in the future?https://t.co/JWrJp4IBul— The Hockey News (@TheHockeyNews) July 30, 2019
- Fighting has dropped to historic lows in the past few seasons. Is it a focus on skill or harsher rules? [ESPN]
- The Carolina Hurricanes lost another piece in the front office. This time it is Assistant GM Brian Tatum who left the Canes to join Teamworks.
Meet Anna and Brian, our new Directors of Strategy and Customer Success! One the former President of her college Nordic Ski Club, the other had an amazing 21-year career at the Hurricanes; looking forward to seeing how they both will engage and empower athletes! pic.twitter.com/y2HpxW8R3w— Justin Baker (@justin_culture) July 30, 2019
- A year after declining the position of General Manager with the Hurricanes, Paul Fenton has been fired as the General Manager of the Minnesota Wild. [$TheAthletic]
- Fenton lost the trade with the Hurricanes (it was one for one, you’ll recall), but there were many more moves that were made while he was at the helm. Here are his defining moments. [Sportsnet]
- A familiar face is scouting the Canes Give Back program, and also finding little ones skipping out on chores.