Yesterday’s News Today
- The Hurricanes signed veteran forward Brian Gibbons to a one-year, two-way deal on the Fourth of July.
- While the Hurricanes successfully managed to keep their goalie around, the Islanders found a way to totally overthink their talks with Vezina finalist Robin Lehner. (The Athletic $)
- It’s July 5, and there are still plenty of legitimate UFA options still available. (NHL.com)
- Still without a contract, former Maple Leafs defenseman Jake Gardiner would help out any NHL blue line. (TSN)
- Tyson Barrie hopes that he will be the piece that pushes the Maple Leafs over the edge into a Stanley Cup contender. We’ll see how that works out for them.
Barrie: Hopefully I’m the piece the Leafs are missing to put them over the edge. VIDEO: https://t.co/dM2erbVaVs pic.twitter.com/ivK4abKvUF— TSN (@TSN_Sports) July 5, 2019
- Jack Eichel celebrated the holiday by making a kid’s day and not using sunscreen.
Ran into this guy at the lake and he was gracious with my little man. @Jackeichel15 pic.twitter.com/468q4TYvyw— adam randazzo (@dazzo716) July 4, 2019