- CapFriendly reported this last week but the Canes made it official yesterday as they announced they had signed Finnish defenseman Alex Lintuniemi to a one-year, two-way deal. [Hurricanes]
- The Canes continue to rule Twitter:
Makes us feel like a bunch of jerks https://t.co/eTlHrbCLxJ— Carolina Hurricanes (@NHLCanes) July 8, 2019
- Interested in playing women's hockey for the Lady Hurricanes? Shoot them an email and get to playing!
Are you a woman (18+), interested in playing for the Carolina Lady Hurricanes C team?! We currently have 5 roster spots (4 skaters; 1 goalie) available for the 2019-20 season! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org pic.twitter.com/pymBuxPvYq— Carolina Lady Hurricanes (@Lady_Hurricanes) July 8, 2019
- After a tough start to 2019 for Scott Darling it looks like things are on the rise. Congrats Scott and best of luck on your future endeavors!
- Jazmine Miley is making a name for herself as a coach by adding culture and diversity with the Junior Hurricanes. [NHL]
- The growing number of high-end U.S. born draft picks in the NHL is no fluke. [Seattle Times]
- The Golden Knights are still trying to decide what to do with Nikita Gusev. [The Athletic $]
- Arizona is hoping Phil Kessel can fill the role as their much needed goal-scorer. [NHL]
- Kevin Labanc re-signed with the Sharks yesterday on an extremely team friendly deal. [Sportsnet]
- Ranking every team’s off-season so far. [NBC Sports]
- From ref to chief of operations, how Bryan Hicks was chosen to lead the PWHL’s players association. [ESPN]