- Free game alert! The Hurricanes have announced the details for the Caniac Carnival next month.
- Want to join the Storm Squad? Now you can.
- Sign up to participate in the Hurricanes’ 2019-20 Homegrown Series!
- Canadiens season tickets are expensive and highly coveted. A Quebec court awarded a man $45,000 in a season ticket dispute. [Sportsnet]
- 31 years ago yesterday...
THIS DATE IN 1988: Wayne Gretzky is sent to the @LAKings as part of the biggest trade in NHL history.— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) August 9, 2019
The trade comes less than three months after Gretzky led the Oilers to their fourth Stanley Cup championship in five seasons. #NHLStats
More TDIH: https://t.co/y4d19PYlt9: pic.twitter.com/jLhiZ0fCUj
- On the occasion of his birthday, head coach Rod Brind’Amour shared a special message yesterday.
A special message from Rod Brind'Amour pic.twitter.com/ca7e0F7kNh— Carolina Hurricanes (@CanesNHL) August 9, 2019
- Speaking of the birthday boy, he appeared as a guest on Sirius XM NHL Radio Thursday afternoon as part of the Hurricanes team preview hosted by Boomer Gordon and Jake Hahn. Our friend Par Shooter captured a great summary of the episode in our Storm Advisory comments yesterday in case you missed it.
It was also the Canes hour on the Power Play show on Sirius yesterday. Great interview with RBA and lots of interesting discussion among the hosts (Boomer Gordon and Hahn). A few notes:
They asked RBA about the Svech/Ovie thing from Game 3 and he clearly didn’t like the incident at all. He said he didn’t really want to share his thoughts because he may get in trouble but he ended up basically saying that anyone who says Svech “poked the bear” is way off base. He essentially blamed Ovie for it but did so as diplomatically as he could.
They think that JWill comes back to play. RBA said he expects a decision soon and seemed to be thinking he returns as well.
They love the Storm Surge and hope we continue.
They really like RBA. Questioned letting Bales go once we finally had a good year in net.
They like the offseason moves but did say they didn’t understand letting CDH go. They also like how we have been stockpiling draft picks.
Also love Aho and think he is an elite player. They love his contract with the only drawback being less than 8 years.
They both think we make the playoffs and Boomer actually said “who do you like in the metro more than Carolina?”.
They took a couple of little swipes at TD but nothing too bad. They did say something about his $8 hat (which made me laugh and probably would TD as well).
All in all it was a very good segment and worth a listen if you have the app.