- Something is coming. Tuesday. Whatever could it be?? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!?!?!
- Some familiar faces rank near the top of The Score’s list of top 5 defensive pairings. [The Score]
- You know what the Canes look like now but how about in five years? [The Hockey News]
- Never mind the circus that surrounded the negotiation; Sebastian Aho was just relieved to get a deal done. [NHL]
- A look at the draft process for the Canes at the 2019 NHL Draft:
- William Nylander believes the Maple Leafs and Mitch Marner will figure out a deal. [NHL]
- Speaking of Nylander, he’s ready to “dominate” this year. [Sportsnet]
- A contract with Joe Thornton but a Patrick Marleau reunion with the Sharks doesn’t seem likely. [The Athletic] [$]
- Players playing into their late 30s can be tricky. [TSN]
The Barbecue Wars Grand Finale
Congratulations are in order to B’s Barbecue, the winner of the inaugural Canes Country Barbecue Wars! B’s topped Lexington Barbecue 116-93 in the final round of voting, a resounding win for Eastern N.C. barbecue. In the third place matchup, the Pik ‘n Pig topped Brew ‘n Cue 76-53.
- First Place: B’s Barbecue, Greenville
- Second Place: Lexington Barbecue, Lexington
- Third Place: Pik ‘n Pig, Carthage
Thanks to all for taking part in our little summer diversion. We hope you enjoyed it, we hope you didn’t get too hungry, and most of all, we hope you get the chance to try as many of these fantastic restaurants as you can. They’re all worth a visit!